“Tapones para una nueva vida”®
Pincasa signs an agreement with SEUR Foundation to support the project “Tapones para una nueva vida”® (Bottle caps for a new life).
This project involves the collection of plastic caps to help children with health problems.
The project “Tapones para una nueva vida”® began in October 2011 and since its inception has grown with great success, ensuring the achievement of its double aspect:
- New life for children up to 18 years old that is not a treatment, surgical intervention, orthopedic device, etc. not regulated in public health.
- New life for a plastic, the caps, that is recycled, and that is not going to stop indiscriminately to landfills.
The objectives are:
- Help children without resources to access unregulated medical treatment in the health system in order to improve their quality of life by recycling plastic caps.
- Provide children without resources orthopedic devices that are not provided by other means by recycling plastic caps.
- To encourage and sensitize companies, organizations, and people in general, to collaborate through their actions to carry out an easy, but important social action.
- Invite society to recycle and take care of the environment by making the simple gesture of keeping plastic caps instead of throwing them away.
- Promote social action in all of society together with environmental action.
Mission of SEUR Foundation
- Make available to the general public all the SEUR premises in Spain (peninsular and island), Portugal and Andorra in order to deposit the caps.
- Transport the caps from the SEUR premises to the logistics center free of charge indicated in which they will be delivered to the recycler.
- Disseminate by their own means and with the help of the beneficiary family the action, in order to encourage the donation of plugs.
- Contract with the recycler the price of the ton of caps.
- Select, through an appropriate committee, the cases that have to be addressed.
The transparency of this project has been taken to the extreme in order to be accountable to the donors of stoppers, with the beneficiary children at the end of this document, the quantities delivered and the tons of caps needed to reach these amounts.
- The SEUR Foundation and the ACTECO recycler carry out a monthly check of the tons received.
- The ACTECO recycler directly pays the assigned amount to the beneficiary family, and no money amount passes through the SEUR Foundation.
- The ACTECO recycler has agreed not to receive other plugs than those sent by the SEUR Foundation, thus joining as an active part of the project.
Selection of candidates
The SEUR Foundation has formed a committee that examines the files of the requesting children, whose documentation is kept with the utmost confidentiality. Reviewed by a doctor, the committee accepts the cases, which are taken care of by order of arrival date.
“Tapones para una nueva vida”® has provided the opportunity for social action to companies (more than 700), institutions (more than 300), schools (more than 3,000) and the general population (more than 13 million people).
For more information, you can visit http://www.fundacionseur.org/